FLEXIBLE SCHEDULING & fees
Can't fit in weekly sessions or a full hour session into your busy schedule? I offer flexible scheduling options, including video sessions, to work with your busy life. 15-90 minute sessions are available, depending on your needs and preference. Limited after-hours appointments are available. Meeting twice monthly or for shorter or longer sessions works well in some cases. After achieving your goals you can meet monthly or quarterly for "tune-up" maintenance sessions to help ensure your long-term success.
MY AUSTIN OFFICE HOURS
(In-person meetings in my Austin office)
Mon, Wed, Fri: 12:30 - 5:30 pm
Additional hours by appointment
MY VIRTUAL OFFICE HOURS
(Video sessions in or outside of Austin)
Mon, Wed: 9:30 - 11:30 am & 7:30 - 9:30 pm
Tue, Thu: 9:30 to 4:30 pm & 7:30 - 9:30
Fri: 9:30 - 11:30 am
I recognize your choice to embark on a new path in your life through seeking counseling support can be a significant financial investment and not easily affordable for all. For this reason, I will flex around both the length and frequency of your sessions, when appropriate, to work with your budget. For example, you can meet for 15-90 minute sessions, meet just twice a month, or choose other intervals as appropriate.
Simple Fee Structure You are charged by the length of session needed at a rate of $30 per 1/4 hour, when paid in full at the time of service. Sessions range from 15 to 90 minutes, depending on need and type of session. A typical session is 45 minutes to 1 hour, so for example, the fee would be $90 or $120. A 30-minute follow-up or 15 minute brief check-in would be $60 or $30. An extended session of 75 or 90 minutes would be $150 or $180.
I offer the following additional options and resources to help make counseling more affordable
- Sliding Fee Scale Several slots in my schedule are reserved for a further discounted rate, based on special circumstances and financial need. Visit Open Path to check availability
- Insurance Co-payments If your health plan offers coverage for your issue, I will accept your co-payment and file insurance claims for you
- Out of Network Claims Filing As a courtesy, I am able to file your insurance claims to assist you in receiving reimbursement even if I am not in your plan network
- HSA / FSA Account I can accept payments directly from your HSA or FSA health or flexible spending accounts via your account program credit or debit card
- EAP Employee Assistance Program If I am a provider on your employer's EAP plan, your authorized visits will be free of charge
- Low-Cost/Free Counseling or Therapy You may check the following page to help you locate lower-cost options for providers and resources
For your convenience, I accept all major credit cards, FSA or HSA spending account cards, and electronic payments such as PayPal. I accept checks or cash on a limited basis. Payment is due in full at the time of service unless otherwise arranged. My regular rate will be charge for sessions not paid timely and requiring invoicing by my billing service.
FLEXIBLE SESSION LENGTH OPTIONS
Sessions range from 15 to 90 minutes—based on the time needed for your specific focus, phase of progress, or goal and other considerations.
- 45 minutes The most common session length, allows in-depth focus and promotes solid, steady progress
- 15 or 30 minutes Shorter sessions work best for accountability check-ins, as a follow-up to boost motivation or refocus, or to help you get back on track if you get derailed
- 60 or 75 minutes Longer sessions are most effective for intensifying focus and accelerating progress, tackling a more complex problem, or when multiple issues require attention
- 90 minutes Extended sessions are ideal when including a partner or family member in your session, if needing a 'catch-up' session after a planned break, such as travel, and after successfully reaching your goals to maintain your progress with periodic maintenance sessions
FLEXIBLE SESSION FREQUENCY OPTIONS
Meeting once weekly is most common, but research shows meeting more or less frequently can be beneficial for some situations. The length of time and frequency of meeting is determined by your goals, budget, time-frame and schedule, as well as other factors we will determine together.
- 1 x Week Weekly meetings are generally associated with the strongest, steady progress according to research. However, weekly meetings are not always practical and sometimes are not the most helpful frequency.
- 2 x Month Meeting every-other week can be effective if you are able to stay focused on your goals and make progress between sessions. Optional therapeutic 'assignments' such as reading, journaling, or practicing new skills and tools, can help you maintain sustained focus and progress.
- Monthly or Quarterly Meeting monthly or quarterly can be effective in helping you sustain longer-term success after you have reached your goals or when need regular maintenance tune-ups for achieving overall life balance or choose to pursue long-term self-development.
- 2 x Week Meeting several times per week may be helpful when you encounter an unexpected setback and want assistance getting back on track as quickly as possible, or when you want to focus more intensively to accelerate progress.
To help you get traction and build momentum at the outset, meeting at least once weekly in the beginning is recommended. As you make progress towards your goals, we can make adjustments as needed.